TeleSight’s highly flexible, component-based product architecture addresses the reality that every network is unique. We empower broadcasters and Network Operations Centers (NOC) to tailor their MiraVid solution to meet their specific needs.
Whether your network operations has one centralized operation or many widely dispersed operation centers, MiraVid’s monitoring platform provides a common architecture for extracting the right content to the right people at various monitoring points throughout the network.
Video Compression Formats
MPEG-1 Video (ISO/IEC 11172-2)
MPEG-2 Video (ISO/IEC 13818-2)
Supported Profiles (All Levels):
Note: HD is supported by Main Profile @ High Level.
MPEG-4 Part 2 Video (ISO/IEC 14496-2)
H.264/AVC Video (ITU-T H.264)
Supported Profiles (All Levels)
SMPTE VC-1 Video (SMPTE 412M)
Supported Profiles (All Levels)
Audio Compression Formats
MPEG-1 Audio (ISO/IEC 11172-3)
MPEG-2 Audio (ISO/IEC 13818-3)
MPEG-2 AAC (ISO/IEC 13818-7)
MPEG-4 AAC (ISO/IEC 14496-3)
MPEG-4 HE-AAC (ISO/IEC 14496-3/Amd.1)
AC-3 (ATSC A/52B)
SMPTE 302M (SMPTE 302M)
Note: Multi-channel audio is down-mixed to stereo audio for output and level analysis
Shows all tables, sections, and descriptors. Automatically checks for syntax and CRC errors and highlights them.
Shows program statistics, service descriptions, and elementary stream information for all programs inside the stream.
Shows the detailed syntax elements of a TS packet. Provides random seeking, PID filtering, and flag filtering to quickly locate a specific packet.
Shows graphical distribution of packets from different PIDs.
Lists all PIDs in the stream and their statistics.
Graphical analysis of PCR errors.
Perform ISO/IEC 13818-4 compliance tests.
Perform ETSI TR-101-290 compliance tests including first, second, and third priority.
Graphical analysis of the T-STD buffer (including TB, MB, and EB) for audio and video elementary streams with detailed report of any violations
- TS over ASI
- TS over UDP (Multicast or Unicast)
- TS over RTP/UDP (Multicast or Unicast)
- TS over TCP
- Signaling: RTSP (RFC 2326), SDP (RFC 2327)
- Transport: RTP (RFC 3550, RFC 3552)
- Video Payload: MP4V-ES (RFC 3016 – SP, ASP profiles), H264(RFC 3984 – Baseline, Extended, Main, High)
- Audio Payload: MP4A-LATM (RFC 3016 – AAC, HE-AAC), mpeg4-generic (RFC 3640 – AAC-lbr, AAC-hbr), AMR (RFC 3267 – AMR-NB, AMR-WB)
Closed Caption and XDS
TeleSight supports real-time decoding of Closed Caption carried by:
- EIA-608B over SCTE-20
- EIA-608B over ATSC A/53
- TeleSight also supports real-time decoding of the following XDS data:
- Program Name (Title)
- Content Advisory (V-Chip), including MPA, U.S. PG, Canadian English, Canadian French
- Copy Generation Management System, Analog (CGMS-A)
Transport Layer Analysis
- Dropped packet detection for RTP layer
- ESTI TR 101 290 tests for Transport Stream layer
Video Layer Analysis
- Video Stream Information
- Video Picture Graph and Bitrate Profile
- Video Quant Graph (Video Quality)
- Video Conformance tests (From sequence level down to block level)
- MPEG-2/MPEG-1 video conformance test. This test checks semantic rules and data integrity according to ISO/IEC 13818-2 (ISO/IEC 11172-2 for MPEG-1)
- MPEG-4 v2 video conformance test. This test checks semantic rules and data integrity according to ISO/IEC 14496-2 (v2)
- H.264/AVC video conformance test. This test checks semantic rules and data integrity according to ITU-T H.264
- SMPTE VC-1 conformance test. This test checks semantic rules and data integrity according to SMPTE 421M
- Black Video Detection with user configurable delay
- Frozen Video Detection with user configurable delay
Audio Layer Analysis
|Audio Stream Information
Audio Wave Monitor
Audio Level Test
On Screen Error Display
TeleSight displays the following critical errors over the video windows when they are detected:
- No license
- No Signal
- Black Video
- Frozen Video
Data Traffic Monitoring
- IP layer traffic status
- TS layer traffic status
- Audio/Video layer traffic status
- NTSC CC traffic status
Custom Layout and Labeling
TeleSight supports custom video layout and labeling. Video window can have different window sizes. Each output video can be positioned into any of the custom size window as long as there is no overlap. The video window label is also customizable. Users can select to display the service name decoded from the TS SDT tables, or the program title decoded from XDS data, or a custom name as the label of a video window. Different label color can be selected for different input sources.
Video Display Aspect Ratio and Alignment
TeleSight automatically adjust the video display aspect ratio according to the pixel aspect ratio of the video stream and the video display window size. Users can also select to align the video to the left side of a video window, or center it.
Analog and Digital Clocks
TeleSight supports both analog and digital on screen clocks. These clocks are fully resizable according to the window size they reside in, and they can be enabled or disabled separately.
Note: These clocks can be synchronized to a NTP server for better accuracy.
Analysis/Test Report and History
Test summary of each source at system, video and audio level
Detailed test message of each error/warning type
Monthly, Daily and Hourly test history (error/warning count) over the past 12 months
TeleSight supports two different stream capture modes:
Automatic stream capture on error
Users can enable capture on error for system, video and audio layer tests, and specify the maximum auto capture size of a source.
Manual stream capture
Users can manually start and stop stream capture on a selected source.
Note: Input data before de-multiplexing are captured in both capture modes, except that RTP header can be dropped in manual mode.
Leading companies rely on TeleSight
Comcast, Disney, Corus Entertainment, Time Warner, Samsung
You May Be Interested In …
MSight complements MiraVid’s TeleSight multiviewer and analyzer solution by providing an in-depth level of testing and detection of errors earlier on in the media distribution chain. Together they provide companies with a complete solution for analyzing, monitoring and validating large volumes of digital media across the entire media distribution chain from acquisition to transmission.