Feature-rich stream analyzer with new VC-1 support ensures significant cost savings by increasing product development efficiency
Markham – November 27, 2006 – MiraVid Inc., a global provider of digital media technologies and tools, today announced the immediate availability of MSight Analyzer with VC-1 advanced compression video codec support. The new release extends beyond the current full feature set for the family of MPEG standards, including H.264, MPEG-4 part 2, and MPEG-2 by providing support for additional digital video industry standards.
VC-1 is used in next-generation optical media formats such as High Definition DVD (HD DVD), Blu-Ray, and the forward versatile disc (FVD) standard, as well as Digital Video Broadcasting–Handheld (DVB-H) and is an optional codec for the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA). With MSight Analyzer VC-1 support, product development companies in these areas will realize increased efficiency from MSight’s ability to quickly navigate, extract, and debug all VC-1 syntax elements.
“Our ability to support the VC-1 standard provides our customers with more flexibility and options to best suit their needs in a single solution.” said Hugo Chung, President, MiraVid Inc. “Companies that work with HD resolutions will experience the most significant improvements in time-to-market from MSight’s VC-1 support.”
Availability: MSight Analyzer for VC-1 is now available.
Key features of MSight Analyzer for VC-1:
- Supports all profiles(Simple, Main, Advanced) and all levels
- Supports RCV, VC-1 elementary stream, transport stream, program stream, and ASF (WMV3, WVC1) file format
- Supports real-time HD stream analysis and faster than real-time conformance testing
- Frame/Field accurate seeking enables user to jump to any picture in display or coded order.
- Instant display of syntax elements from sequence level to block data level, and bit distributions at stream, picture, and MB level.
- Overlap display of motion vector, motion comp partition, variable size transform partition, MB modes/sizes/quants, slice partition and frame/field decisions.
- ASF viewer provides detailed information about the ASF file structure.
About MSight Analyzer
MSight exposes stream statistics that give Video professionals valuable insight and knowledge into the behavior of coding algorithms. Experts can observe the effects of algorithm adjustments on bitrate and video quality by looking at these stream statistics. By running multiple instances of MSight, different streams can be compared to explore and refine compression algorithms.
MSight helps Video professionals quickly identify problems in any supported video stream with faster than real-time compliance testing. Accelerate stream debugging with access to all relevant stream data presented in an easy-to-use format. The key features of the MSight Analyzer deliver measurable productivity and performance benefits to organizations that develop digital media based products.
MiraVid Inc. is a premier provider of professional tools for digital media analysis and core video technologies for optimal creation and delivery of video content. Founded in 2005, MiraVid Inc. was created by compression specialists to further advance the video compression industry by providing leading-edge technology and tools to compressed media development and distribution companies.
For more information, visit http://www.miravid.com